Free business webinar hosted by the CARBON CHARTER
Friday 11th November 2022
10.00 – 11.30am
As the marketplace becomes more competitive, it is vital to be able to show your potential customers that placing their business with you will help ensure a brighter future for the planet.
This webinar will showcase some different ways to account for your greenhouse gas emissions and provide some simple steps to achieve net zero emissions. It will get you thinking about your own business while inviting you to practise on a real business case study. Drawing on the experiences of Triple Bottom Line Accounting and Maple Cone Ltd there will be lots of ‘lightbulb’ moments as you discover how their journey can help inspire yours.
Among the subjects covered will be:
- Intro to the Carbon Charter (Suffolk’s well-established carbon calculator, resource hub and Carbon Neutral / Net Zero accreditation)
- Carbon Accounting for SMEs: What is it and why it is needed.
- Analysis of different carbon calculators and trackers designed for SMEs
- Case study: TBLA’s 2020 carbon footprint
- You tell us what TBLA could do to reduce its business carbon footprint
- Offsetting – good or bad?
- Net Zero policies and narratives
- The positive case for Accreditations
There will also be time for a Q and A at the end.
Register via Green Suffolk here: https://www.greensuffolk.org/event/cop27-in-suffolk-carbon-accounting-for-a-net-zero-business-strategy/
Register via the Carbon Charter here: https://carboncharter.org/events/carbon-accounting-for-a-net-zero-business-strategy/
(The 2-minute silence will be observed at 11am)
Fran joined TBLA in 2019 after a long career in teaching. Her roles include human resources management, ESG and Marketing. During 2020 and 2021 she developed the TBLA Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) impact service. As part of the process, she has carried out an impact analysis of the TBLA social and governance profile and a whole company carbon calculation with accompanying target setting, carbon reduction action plan and impact narrative. Fran is now working alongside the growing ESG team to help more SMEs plan for Net Zero around the UK. Fran is also on the board of the Norwich Business Climate Leaders hoping to accelerate the transition to Net Zero.